setting text qualifier in Excel

  1. #1
    Lyle
    Guest

    setting text qualifier in Excel

    I am trying to save an Excel spreadsheet as a .csv file. My problem is that
    to import this file into a specific database, it needs both comma separators
    (which I have) AND double quotes as text qualifiers for each field. I open
    the file in Notepad, and after saving with every available .csv format, the
    fields do not have quotes as qualifiers. Any ideas? Is this something I
    need to import and export through Access to add that option or is there a way
    to do this right from Excel? I have no problem opening a CSV file with
    quotes as text qualifiers, but it even -resaves those files without the text
    qualifier. I have tried this in both Excel 2000 and Excel 2003, same result
    with each. Thanks for any input!

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest