all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2

  1. #1
    Guest

    all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2

    For some reason I am getting nowhere trying to do a very simple thing.

    I have a column with many of the cells for a long stretch that I want to be
    equal to whatever number I put in B2. As I'm building this spreadsheet, it
    seems to me that it should be a very simple matter to "tell" all those cells
    to just be equal to whatever is in B2, they using format painter, etc.,....
    they don't copy "=B2" part of the previous cells, but instead just copy
    whatever the number is .... which means that when I change the number in B2,
    it won't change them.

    Any ideas?

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2

    Hi!

    In the first cell that you want to link to B2 enter:

    =$B$2

    Drag copy down as far as needed.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2

    Biff;

    Thanks a bunch ... that's what I needed.

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2

    Glad to help! Thanks for the feedback.