Disable a taskbar

  1. #1
    steve
    Guest

    Disable a taskbar

    How do I disable the "Reviewing" taskbar in excel so it does not appear every
    time I open a document?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Disable a taskbar

    The Reviewing toolbar in Excel pops up whenever you open a workbook that has
    been emailed from within Excel "for review". There may be other ways to
    make this happen too. If you do a File, Properties you'll see the custom
    file properties that have been added that triggers this.

    You can kill the added file properties manually or run the below macro to do
    it.

    --
    Jim Rech

    Sub KillReviewingCustProps()
    Dim x As DocumentProperties
    Dim Counter As Integer
    Set x = ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties
    For Counter = x.Count To 1 Step -1
    If Left(x.Item(Counter).Name, 1) = "_" Then _
    x.Item(Counter).Delete
    Next
    CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
    End Sub

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JR
    Guest

    RE: Disable a taskbar

    ....go to "View", "Toolbars", then un-check "Reviewing". This applies to the
    application and not a specific file.