What is the deal with Comment Object Positioning?

  1. #1
    Mark
    Guest

    What is the deal with Comment Object Positioning?

    I have tried exhaustively to lock down comments in relation to their
    respective cells.
    Regarding the 3 options:
    Move and size
    Move but don't size
    These seem to do something but nothing rational. For example,
    Move-but-don't-size will not lock to the associated cell, but I can't see why
    not. When I insert a row above, the comment (upon editing) is not in the same
    relation to the cell as before.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. #2

    Re: What is the deal with Comment Object Positioning?

    How about just putting them back where they belong?

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset
    From Debra Dalgleish's site.

  3. #3
    Mark
    Guest

    Re: What is the deal with Comment Object Positioning?

    I have used some of her code and it is helpful.

    But what about the function itself? What does "Move but don't size with
    cells" really mean?

  4. #4

    Re: What is the deal with Comment Object Positioning?

    To me, comments have always had a mind of their own.

    I've never depended or used those options. But I could play with those settings
    and change the height of the row and the comment's size would change, too (and
    size with cell was chosen).