Help with Conditional Formatting and Fomulas

  1. #1
    Brad Sumner
    Guest

    Help with Conditional Formatting and Fomulas

    Hello,
    I am wanting to have certain cells within my sheet change color based on
    the value of a named cell, the named cell is called MaxLvl, basically every
    time it reaches a certain threshold I need to have another box change color,
    I have tried putting into the conditional formatting the folowing formula

    =if(MaxLVL>3,"","")

    The value of MaxLVL is 4 at the current time and yet no formatting changes
    are appearant. Please help.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Help with Conditional Formatting and Fomulas

    Your CF formula needs to return TRUE/FALSE. Try

    CF1: =MaxLVL>3
    Format1: <color>