Using a = sign

  1. #1
    Dean
    Guest

    Using a = sign

    I need to use an equal sign as a constant and get an #Value error. I have
    preceeded the equal sign with a single quote ' and surrounded it with double
    quotes but still get the error. Any ideas???

  2. #2

    Re: Using a = sign

    Like in a cell by itself.

    Either preformat the cell as text, then type: =

    or type:
    '=
    (notice the leading apostrophe. It forces excel to treat the entry as text.)

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Using a = sign

    Maybe try a leading SPACE before the equal sign...........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...