Copy a worksheet to another excel file

  1. #1
    Mike S.
    Guest

    Copy a worksheet to another excel file

    I went to the worksheet in question, right clicked and copied to another
    excel file. I then removed all the old excel file name references. The
    cells are still linked to the old excel.

  2. #2
    Mike S.
    Guest

    RE: Copy a worksheet to another excel file

    this applies to cells with Vlookup's

  3. #3

    Re: Copy a worksheet to another excel file

    Are you trying to copy the formulas so that they point at an existing worksheet
    in that other workbook???

    If yes...

    Then one way around it is to convert the formulas to text, copy the text, and
    reconvert the text back to formulas:

    Select that range to copy (ctrl-a (twice in xl2003) will select the whole sheet)
    Edit|replace
    what: = (equal sign)
    with: $$$$$= (some unique string)
    replace all

    Now those formulas are just text.

    Copy and paste

    And then
    edit|replace
    what: $$$$$=
    with: = (some unique string)
    replace all

    Both in the original worksheet and the pasted worksheet.

  4. #4
    Mike S.
    Guest

    Re: Copy a worksheet to another excel file

    excel keeps asking for the other excel sheet

  5. #5

    Re: Copy a worksheet to another excel file

    Either create/rename a sheet so that it exists in the "to" workbook.

    Or change the formula to point to a sheet that exists before you change the text
    back to formulas.