Average Formula with Criteria

  1. #1
    PW11111
    Guest

    Average Formula with Criteria

    Hi,

    I have a spreadsheet that is used to average mechnical and electrical costs
    for a number of projects, split into years.

    Each project has a Work Area (m2) and a specific contractor (there are three
    different contractors that are responsible for the projects).

    At the bottom of the spreadsheet I have a number of average tables, one for
    each contractor. I currently average the Work Area by using an average
    function and manually selecting all the work areas for the specific
    contractor. However, when I add projects this becomes a bit of a hasle.

    Ideally I want a formula that says:

    Average the Work Area (m2) of all lines between D1 & D53 that have a column
    G value (contractor cell) of "PW Interiors"

    I hope this makes some sense, any help would be much appreciated.!

    Phil

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Average Formula with Criteria

    couple of ways
    =sumif(g1:g53,"PW Interiors",d1:d53)/countif(g1:g53,"PW Interiors")

    or

    =average(if(g1:g53="PW Interiors",d1:d53))
    array entered (ctl+shift+enter)

    news:[email protected]...