why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF

  1. #1
    KevinPlays
    Guest

    why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF

    Each time I try to export, to dbf, an address list created in Excel it
    deletes the Zip+4 when in the xxxxx-xxxx format I need, Please help.

  2. #2

    Re: why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF

    In my simple test, the digits didn't get deleted, but the formatting was gone
    when I reopened the .dbf file in excel.

    If I typed in the zip+4 as text (preformat the cells as text or started with a
    leading apostrophe '12345-1234), then the text was kept in tact.