Using cell data on header or footer

  1. #1
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Using cell data on header or footer

    Is there a way to use part of the worksheet name within a header or footer?
    This is what I want to do.

    I have a worksheet named "May 2005".
    I want to put "Invoice Date: 5/31/2005" within the header with other
    information concatenated to this.
    I know I can calculate the EOM from the worksheet name.
    How do I include that information in the header WITHOUT VBA?

    Thanks in advance,
    Barb Reinhardt

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening Barb Reinhardt

    Bad news and good news. If you have Excel 2003 you can do just the path and / or file name from the print settings menu. The bad news is if you don't have XL 2003 it can't be done without resorting to VBA. Absolutely not. However, I have an add-in available free of charge to anyone who asks for it ([email protected]) that will do this (amongst other things), using VBA, but all you need to do is point and click in a dialog box to set it up.

    Let me know if you'd like this e-mailing with details of how to use this function.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Using cell data on header or footer

    Hi Barb.........
    Of course it can be done with VBA, but you've discounted that
    option.........if you don't get a better answer, you may try faking it by
    setting your normal print area to exclude a row or two at the top of the
    sheet, and then use those cells set for "Rows to repeat at top".........they
    are regular cells, so you can concatenate or do whatever you want
    there......

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3