Help with an IF statment

  1. #1

    Help with an IF statment

    How do I create an IF statement to calculate the following:

    Between a series of dates, IF there is a 3 day or more lapse, I want to count 1. IF there is less than 3 days, do not count anything

    Thanks,

    Tammy

  2. #2
    Jordon
    Guest

    Re: Help with an IF statment

    =IF(B1-A1>=3,1,"")

    "Tammy724882" wrote

  3. #3
    spencerchicken
    Guest

    Re: Help with an IF statment

    dont fully understand what your trying to do but here goes..
    make sure the dates are numbers not text (format the number) this will
    allow you to treat the date as a value.
    Do an if statement of comparing one date to another as a number
    eg,
    cell 1a 1st jan 2005
    cell 2a 3jan 2005
    =IF(A2-A1<3,0,1)