Green Tick Marks

  1. #1
    DNA
    Guest

    Green Tick Marks

    How do you turn the green ticks marks off so you don't know cells contain a
    formula. Does everyone know what I'm talking about?

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    RE: Green Tick Marks

    From Microsoft's website:

    "For more information about error types and how to correct them, click
    Microsoft Excel Help on the Help menu, type 'find and correct errors in
    formulas' in the Search for box in the Assistance pane, and then click Start
    searching to view the topic."

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    DNA
    Guest

    RE: Green Tick Marks

    There's nothing wrong with the formulas. The spreadsheet is fine on my PC,
    when I emailed it, the other user has the green tick marks. They have not
    changed the formulas.

  4. #4
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Green Tick Marks

    You need to protect the sheet and then they will go away.
    These ****ing things are a curse. No one I know wants them, they are just MS
    giving help where help is not wanted.
    Go on Tools > Options and also 'Auto Correct' options and look for 'Smart
    Tags'.
    Disable the annoying SOB's and you should be OK
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Phil Wales
    Guest

    RE: Green Tick Marks

    Try:
    Tools< Options<View then deselect the fromula bar

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Green Tick Marks

    The green tickmarks do not necessarily indicate formulas. They indicate what
    Excel thinks is an error or anomaly in the cell.

    Try Tools>Options>Error Checking. Uncheck the option and the green triangles
    will go away.

    To hide the formulas in the formula bar you can select the cells and
    Format>Protection>Hidden.

    Then protect the worksheet under Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP