How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a workbo

  1. #1
    Ellemarr
    Guest

    How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a workbo

    I have a large worksheet full of formulas which all need to be rounded to the
    nearest thousand. Without adding the "ROUND" command to every formula
    individually (which would take forever) is there a way to apply rounding to a
    whole range?

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a workbo

    You can just use formatting to visually round what you are seeing, and if
    you have other formulas that refer to that whole range, then you can adjust
    those to round the data that they are getting from that range. Give us some
    more detail and we can be a bit more specific.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a workbo

    If you don't ger a "real" answer, you can always fake it by cutting and
    pasteing them to another sheet, and then use a ROUND formula to reference
    them in place of where they were, like
    =ROUND(Sheet2!A1,-3) and copy around...........

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a workbo

    A "ROUND"-about way...........
    First, do a Find&Replace to delete all your equal signs from the formulas in
    the range you wish to change.
    Then, well off to the side, put this formula in a same-row cell and copy
    around to cover the range you have.
    ="@ROUND("&C4&",-3" This will give you a TEXT representation of the
    formula you're after. Then, Copy > PasteSpecial > Values that TEXT
    "formula" back to it's original location.........then just Find and Repalce
    the @ with an equal sign........there you are............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    ellemarr
    Guest

    Re: How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a wo

    Through using format, the best I could do was get rid of the places to the
    right of the decimal. Would formatting allow me to change $10,368,251 to
    $10,369,000 without having to use the ROUND command?

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How can I apply the ROUND function to a range of cells in a wo

    Assuming you have formulas such as =$C$22*$D$1 in all your cells:-

    BACKUP DATA FIRST.

    In cell A1 put 1 and then in any other cell, put =$A$1
    Copy that cell that contains =$A$1
    Select your range of data and do Edit / Paste Special / Tick Formulas &
    Multiply and hit OK. - Your cells will now all look like:-

    =($C$22*$D$1)*($A$1)

    Select all cells and do Edit / Replace, replacing = with %% - Formulas will
    look like:-

    Select all cells and do Edit / Replace, replacing ~*($A$1) with ,-3) - Note
    the tilde, and your formulas will now look like:-

    Select all cells and do Edit / Replace, replacing %% with =ROUNDUP(

    Done

    Same principle for any other type of formula you want to add