check register with Excel

  1. #1

    check register with Excel

    looking to make check register with excel. Trying to make column that will add and subtract with previous cell values(Ex: column C is withdraw and cell E is deposits.) Need to auto sum column F is balance.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: check register with Excel

    Hi dbigdog88'

    Have a look at templates on offer from Microsoft, e.g.:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...186511033.aspx

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "dbigdog88" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Leanin' Cedar
    Guest

    Re: check register with Excel

    "Norman Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi dbigdog88'
    >
    > Have a look at templates on offer from Microsoft, e.g.:
    >
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...186511033.aspx
    >

    > ---
    > Regards,
    > Norman

    I tried to download the check register, and get error msg. "Cannot find
    ANALYS32.XLL. Please run setup to install"

    If I start Excel, go to tools>addins, analysis toolpack is ticked as
    available, and I tried the setup disk and installed the analysis toolpack
    and the files loaded. The file is in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Office\Office10\Library\Analysis

    Any idea why the download can not find this file?

    I can open he file with Excel save as a template etc, and it is then
    available in the general templates tab, but I assume if the download worked
    correctly these steps would be
    automatic.

    WinXP SP2
    Excel 2002 SP3
    I have not done any updates to Excel, could this be part of the problem?

    thanks
    Bob

  4. #4
    Leanin' Cedar
    Guest

    Re: check register with Excel

    Solved; Somehow it was the link in the post that was causing the error when
    downloading , when going directly to MS no error. Might be my firewall etc.
    who knows. Then saved as a template.

    Bob