Vlookup with several different "Table_arrays"

  1. #1

    Vlookup with several different "Table_arrays"

    Hello,
    I am using a Vlookup and I would like to use several different
    "table_arrays" to check. The "table_arrays" are on different
    worksheets but in the same workbook. I tried using an "or" in the
    "table-array" but I got an error message. Does anyone know how to
    do this?

    Thanks.

    JB

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup with several different "Table_arrays"

    One way would be to consolidate all the smaller Table_arrays into one large
    one, and do your Vlookup against it. This could be done by copy and paste,
    or if they were subject to frequent changes, by linking or by macros......

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup with several different "Table_arrays"

    Hi JB,

    One way is to name your lookup arrays and put them in a drop down list. For
    example:

    In cell A1 =VLOOKUP(B1,INDIRECT(C1),2,0)
    In cell B1 enter the lookup value
    In cell C1 is the dropdown list of the arrays

    Select the proper lookup array in C1 and enter the lookup value in B1. A1
    returns the answer.

    I can send you a simple example of this if you wish, where there is a lookup
    range on sheet 2 and one on sheet 3 and the formula and the drop down is on
    sheet 1.

    Debra D. has a great site on this type of stuff but I cannot find it in my
    archives...Duh??

    Howard