How do I find and replace "values" (like #N/A) in a worksheet?

  1. #1
    hdc
    Guest

    How do I find and replace "values" (like #N/A) in a worksheet?

    When I use V-lookup, I often have numerous results that appear as "#N/A". I
    would like to be able to delete all of the "#N/A" values, or replace them
    with a 0, withour have to individually select and delete them.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    Here are some solutions:
    http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hlight=lookupv

    Hope it helped
    Ola Sandström

  3. #3

    Re: How do I find and replace "values" (like #N/A) in a worksheet?

    If you've already converted to values, then:
    select your range
    edit|Replace
    and replace all.

    If you want to adjust your =vlookup() formula:

    =if(iserror(vlookup()),"",vlookup())
    or
    =if(iserror(vlookup()),0,vlookup())

  4. #4
    JustinLabenne
    Guest

    Re: How do I find and replace "values" (like #N/A) in a worksheet?

    I made a small utility to do this programmatically. Assuming your
    formula returns correct results and has correct syntax, this utility
    adds an ISERROR OR ISNA to cell error values. It also allows for
    specifying text or characters to be used in the errors place, and for
    the ISEROR and ISNA to be programmatically removed from the formula

    You can download it here

    http://jlxl.net/Excel/downloads.html

    --
    JustinLabenne