India's and China's Date & Time

  1. #1
    guideme
    Guest

    India's and China's Date & Time

    I need India's and China's current day and time (if it's ahead one day
    or later, as well as time difference) in relation to California's
    current day and time. (including daylight savings time).

    I want to be able to automatically show California's current time and
    date and day on the same sheet with India's and China's current time
    and date and day.

    (i don't know if this is clear, i'm confused myself

    thanks folks.

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: India's and China's Date & Time

    Have a look at
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html
    this will give you the current time in world cities
    plus information about their daylight saving schedules

    add or subtract the hours from the current date =now()+0.65
    for instance where the 0.65 is part of a day.

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: India's and China's Date & Time

    Time zones are usually different by full hours (1 hr = 1/24 day)
    so =now+.65 might be a wee bit confusing as an example as it
    would be 15.6 hours. [24 * .65]

    If you include the date and time within a cell you can add
    or subtract the time difference provided as fractional days
    which is what Bill was really showing as NOW is the
    current date and time.

    If the date and time are in two different cells you would add
    them together in your calculation, and the format the result
    as desired.

    More infomation on Date and Time
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

    HTH,

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: India's and China's Date & Time

    Actually the .65 given by Bill was probably a typo and
    should have been .625 which would be 15 hours
    difference which you would add or subtract depending
    on city is your reference. But .625 days is the difference
    between San Francisco (PDT) and Beijing. You will
    note in the table that Bill provided that the US west coast
    US cities are on Daylight time (PDT) and China is not.
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    guideme
    Guest

    Re: India's and China's Date & Time

    Here's what I did for India's time, (let me know if there are any
    errors that I cannot foresee).
    For the current time: =NOW()+36.5/24 and format it as time
    For the current date: =NOW()+24/24 and format it as date
    For the current day of the week: =NOW()+24/24 and format it as custom
    dddd.

    Do you think this is correct?
    thanks

  6. #6
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: India's and China's Date & Time

    What does the result show?
    I think you should have =NOW()+12.5/24
    The time difference would never be more than 1 day.
    Also keep the same difference for the date and day formats.
    The local day and date needs to change at the same time the local time
    changes
    from 23:59 to 00:00

  7. #7
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: India's and China's Date & Time

    Hi,

    You simply need to add the difference to the US time, and you need not
    calculate every time for the current day, or date or time. Simply format the
    same result as the time, date or day of the week. So if the difference is
    12.5 hours, just do
    =NOW()+12.5/24
    and format this result as above.

    Mangesh