Counting Weeks or Days

  1. #1
    Kobra
    Guest

    Counting Weeks or Days

    How can I enter two dates and have Excel calculate the number of weeks or
    days between them?

    Thanks for any help.

    Gene

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Counting Weeks or Days

    Begin date in A1, end date in B1...........
    this will give you days difference (format cell for general)
    =B1-A1
    and this will give you weeks..........
    =(B1-A1)/7

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Counting Weeks or Days

    Chuck wrote <<Begin date in A1, end date in B1
    ............ this will give you days difference (format cell for general)
    =B1-A1 and this will give you weeks
    ........... =(B1-A1)/7>>

    Beware, you may be falling into common trap. This only returns the days
    difference. In some instances you may need to also count day one. In which
    case -
    this will give you days difference (format cell for general)
    =B1-A1+1
    and this will give you weeks
    =(B1-A1+1)/7

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Counting Weeks or Days

    Hi Kobra........
    My original formulas gave you what I thought you wanted, (counting the end
    date and not the start date).

    Bill gave you another slant on it, (counting both start and end dates).

    I guess actually, to give you exactly what you ask for, the formula should
    be

    =B1-A1-1 to give you the "days between" the two dates, (counting neither
    start or end date)
    =(B1-A1-1)/7 to give you the "weeks between" the two dates, (counting
    neither start or end date)

    All three sets of formulas work, it's just up to you to decide which way
    serves your end purpose best.......

  5. #5
    Kobra
    Guest