Rounding Problem

  1. #1
    Brian O'Brien
    Guest

    Rounding Problem

    I'm performing a golf handicapping sheet and within that sheet I'm using an
    average of previous scores such as;
    In cell AM33 I have =average(q33,w33,ac33,ai33)-35
    This value ends up as 11.5... My rounding goes up to 12 which is what I
    desire but... when I utilize that cell value to subtract 2 other values the
    sheet does not round properly..?
    Example:

    In cell AO33 I insert 48
    In cell AP33 I insert =sum(AO33-AM33)

    Looking at AM33 as a 12 and looking at AO33 as 48, I expected the result to
    be 36 but it shows 37..!

    How can I make sure that the rounding carries into the new formula in AP33
    to give the correct result..?

    Brian

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Rounding Problem

    What formulas are you using to perform the rounding?

    Just a thought ... Are you rounding ... OR ... formatting?

    RD

    "Brian O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm performing a golf handicapping sheet and within that sheet I'm using

    an
    > average of previous scores such as;
    > In cell AM33 I have =average(q33,w33,ac33,ai33)-35
    > This value ends up as 11.5... My rounding goes up to 12 which is what I
    > desire but... when I utilize that cell value to subtract 2 other values

    the
    > sheet does not round properly..?
    > Example:
    >
    > In cell AO33 I insert 48
    > In cell AP33 I insert =sum(AO33-AM33)
    >
    > Looking at AM33 as a 12 and looking at AO33 as 48, I expected the result

    > be 36 but it shows 37..!
    >
    > How can I make sure that the rounding carries into the new formula in AP33
    > to give the correct result..?
    >
    > Brian

    News==----

    Newsgroups