daylight savings time on vlookup

  1. #1
    guideme
    Guest

    daylight savings time on vlookup

    DST, how do I incorporate that to the sheet?
    say... Arizona, they are currently in Pacific time but when California
    reverts back to DST, are they ahead or behind Pacific?
    how can i formulate that in excel sheet? I think Indiana is the same
    way.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: daylight savings time on vlookup

    AFAIK there are parts of Indiana that change to DST however Arizona are on
    same time as California until California reverts back then Arizona will be
    ahead, note that Hawaii does not change either

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: daylight savings time on vlookup

    I'm sure you know exactly what you want, but your question is very
    ambiguous.

    XL by itself is totally unaware of time zones.

    How are you dealing with time and location now? How does XL know what
    time is referred to or what location is referred to?

    AFAIK, AZ and HI don't observe DST, and only some counties in IN observe
    it, so you'd need to have a list of those counties and some way to map
    location to them.

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    guideme
    Guest

    Re: daylight savings time on vlookup

    hi JE,
    I use area codes, so i think i need to know which area codes observes
    DST in Indiana and Arizona, I guess... mmm where can I find that list?

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: daylight savings time on vlookup

    One way would be to find out which counties use DST and the find out the
    area codes for those counties

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: daylight savings time on vlookup

    Unfortunately area codes and time zones don't coincide. You'll have to
    have a breakout by county.

    OTOH, as of 2 April 2006, all of Indiana will shift to DST. However,
    AFAIK, the US Department of Transportation hasn't yet determined whether
    the current CST counties will go to CDT and EST counties to EDT, or
    whether all the counties will go to CDT or EDT.

    In article <[email protected]>,