problems with printing format for excel table in Publisher 2003

  1. #1
    Kris J.
    Guest

    problems with printing format for excel table in Publisher 2003

    I took my Publisher 98 file with an Excel table, and loaded it into MS
    Publisher 2003. When I print out the page with the table, all the formatting
    lines of the table print, and I cannot find anywhere to get rid of them. It
    did not print them in Publisher 98. None of the autoformat options or border
    options on the task bar help. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: problems with printing format for excel table in Publisher 2003

    Hi kuris,
    Best to change the Excel beforehand to remove both borders and gridlines,
    i would think. The round tripping aspects of Office leave a bit to be desired
    and one is usually much more comfortable in one Office application.

    The place to ask a Publisher question is not really in an Excel newsgroup,
    but it might be hours before someone answered from the perspective
    of both applications. i expect that removing borders and gridlines first
    would help.

    BTW, if it doesn't work you might also say what version of Excel though
    most people do have same version numbers across Office products.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Kris J.
    Guest

    Re: problems with printing format for excel table in Publisher 200

    David,
    Thanks for the response! My frustration with removing the gridlines is that
    I need them to show on the screen while I am entering the information. I did
    just what you suggest, and that is working well in terms of the printed
    sheet, and for now, I am ignoring the fact that I can't see the table on the
    screen as easily as in Publisher 98.