Cell format, want 100 to display as 1.00

  1. #1

    Question Cell format, want 100 to display as 1.00

    In my Excel 97, I can format cells such that a number entered as, for example, 100 becomes 1.00 when I hit enter. Now in my Excel 2000 I simply can't get it to do that anymore. Now when I enter 100 it turns into 100.00 and that is not what I want.
    I want ### to be #.## Not ###.00
    How can I fix this? I have been through all the cell formatting options and It just won't do it. Any ideas? Thanks.

    -Dan

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Cell format, want 100 to display as 1.00

    Tools/Options, and on the Edit tab, check Fixed Decimal and be sure the number
    of decimal places is set to 2.

  3. #3
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: Cell format, want 100 to display as 1.00

    Not via formatting:
    Tools/Options/Edit tab, check Fixed decimal, leave 2 places. You can ALSO
    format to show trailing decimal places: 0.00

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Cell format, want 100 to display as 1.00

    Tools>Options>Edit. Check "Fixed decimal places" and set to "2"

    Note: this is global change for all worksheets and workbooks.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5

    Thumbs up

    Thank you fellas! That fixed my problem. I would have never thought to look at that setting. Thank you.