Adding total dollars based on specific data from another column

  1. #1
    Espo
    Guest

    Adding total dollars based on specific data from another column

    I have a cell I'm trying to calculate the total dollars based on specific
    criteria from a column of data. Example, column A has 25 cells with data
    like A, B, C, D, E, F, and a second column with dollar amounts associated
    with each of these outcomes, i.e. A=$5, B=$2, C=$9 etc. I want to create a
    formula in a different cell that tells me "if cell = A for $5 then what is
    the total dollar amount. A "if then" scenario....Any help????
    --
    Espo

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Adding total dollars based on specific data from another column

    Hi!

    Maybe this:

    =SUMIF(A1:A25,"A",B1:B25)

    Biff