Exporting CSV file to unicode .txt file - " around strings

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Exporting CSV file to unicode .txt file - " around strings

    I am saving a CSV file (which originated in Reporting Services) as a Unicode
    text file. When I open the text file there are " quotation marks around a
    text string. Is there a way to to Save As... without having the "" around
    the text?!

    Thanks!
    Paul

  2. #2

    Re: Exporting CSV file to unicode .txt file - " around strings

    I've never used Unicode characters, but....

    Maybe you could use a macro that writes your data:

    Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
    www.smokeylake.com/excel
    (or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

    Chip Pearson's:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

    J.E. McGimpsey's:
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

    ======
    Earl's may be sufficient right out of the box. He supports lots of options.