Convert currency to $X.XMM

  1. #1
    StephanieH
    Guest

    Convert currency to $X.XMM

    Is it possible to convert $5,682,000.00 to $5.6MM in Excel? I think the
    $5.6MM abreviation is pretty widely used, but I'm not sure how to customize
    to that.

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Convert currency to $X.XMM

    Hmm, usually $5,682,000.00 would convert to $5.7MM. If that's acceptable,
    then a custom format will work for you

    Format>Cells>Number. Choose Custom in the right hand panel & then, under
    Type use something along the lines of

    $#,###.0,,"MM"_);($#,###.0,,"MM")

    That will leave the underlying value alone, but will present it as
    described. Be aware that anything less than 50,000 will be shown as $0.0MM

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Convert currency to $X.XMM

    Try this custom format:

    $#.##,,"MM"

    Which will give you $5.68MM.

    You would have to round your cell (formula), to get:
    $5.6MM
    With a format of:
    $#,#"MM"

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Convert currency to $X.XMM

    Correction to second format.
    Should be:
    You would have to round your cell (formula), to get:
    $5.6MM
    With a format of:

    RD

    news:[email protected]...