Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

  1. #1
    Marina Limeira
    Guest

    Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

    How I Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value ?
    Example:

    icon :-) when cell C5 <=30
    icon :-( when cell c5 >30

    and where insert the icons ?

    thanks

    Marina

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    Write this formula: =IF(C5>30,CHAR(74),CHAR(76))
    Then change the font to Wingdings

    Ola Sandström

    or maybe you wanted: IF(C5>30,":-(",":-)")

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

    try
    =if(c5>30,":-(",":-)")

  4. #4
    Marina Limeira
    Guest

    Re: Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

    I want show clipart or icons, not text.

    also ideas?

    "bj" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    bj
    Guest

    Re: Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

    You will have to have a macro to do that.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    Another alternative is to use the Camera button (active picture link):
    http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...ghlight=camera

    Or a picture list:
    http://www.*****-blog.com/archives/2...t-of-pictures/

    HTH
    Ola Sandström

  7. #7

    Re: Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

    You have another reply at your first post.

  8. #8
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value

    And another reply at your other "Clip Art" post in microsoft.public.excel news
    group.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP