How do I share a custom toolbar with another user?

  1. #1
    Tasha
    Guest

    How do I share a custom toolbar with another user?

    I have my Excel toolbars just the way I like it and I was wondering if there
    was a way to share the toolbar with another user?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I share a custom toolbar with another user?

    Tasha

    Menu and Toolbar customizations are stored in your *.XLB file.

    Version 97 is username.xlb and found in C:\Windows folder.

    Versions 2000 through 2003 are Excel9, Excel10 and Excel11.xlb and would be
    found in

    Documents and Settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\Excel

    One method is to send your *.XLB file to the other user and have that user
    overwrite their own *.xlb with yours.

    Another method is to Attach the Toolbar(Tools>Customize>Toolbars) to a file
    and send that file.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP