Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

  1. #1
    gman100
    Guest

    Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

    Since yesterday, have had difficulty using any Ctrl shortcut normally used
    for formatting (such as Ctrl+Shift+Up arrow to select a range)...but the Ctrl
    key still works. I'm assuming it's a setting change of some sort, but seem
    unable to figure it out. It's for Excel 2000

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    RE: Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

    Hate to sound like the help desk, but have you rebooted?

  3. #3
    gman100
    Guest

    RE: Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

    Yes...it's survived several reboots. That's why I assume it's a setting
    change.

  4. #4

    Re: Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

    I don't know of any setting that would allow/block this.

    Have you tried swapping keyboards?

    (Maybe it's a hardware problem.)

  5. #5
    gman100
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

    Hate to say it...but I've tried that too.

  6. #6

    Re: Keyboard shortcuts no longer work

    If you open an MSWord document (in MSWord), and go to the bottom of the text,
    does ctrl-shift-uparrow work there?

    (I don't have another guess, but maybe it'll give you something more to look
    for.)

    And if you start excel in safe mode:
    windows start button|run
    excel /safe