Dupe check over more than one column

  1. #1
    Wynn
    Guest

    Dupe check over more than one column

    Is there a way to check for dupes over more than one column?

    First Last
    Jorge Luis Menedez
    Jorge Luis Menendez

    I want to identify these as dupes.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Dupe check over more than one column

    One way ..

    Assuming the table is in cols A and B, data from row2 down

    Put
    In C2: =TRIM(A2&" "&B2)
    In D2: =IF(C2="","",IF(COUNTIF($C$2:C2,C2)>1,"X",""))

    Select C2:D2 and copy down

    Col D will flag duplicates with an "X"

    Btw, presumed there was a typo in your posted line:
    > Jorge Luis Menedez

    should have read as:

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Wynn
    Guest

    Re: Dupe check over more than one column

    Max, This is extremely helpful. Thank you very much. Wynn

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Dupe check over more than one column

    Glad to hear that, Wynn.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    --
    Rgds