Time Span

  1. #1
    mrbalaje
    Guest

    Time Span

    In cell A1 I have entered the time as 11:00 am and in cell A2 I have entered
    the time as 11:25 am.

    In Cell A3, I want the time span between the cell A2 and A1.

    i.e., A2-A1= 25 mins

    I want even the text "mins" to be appered in the cell A3.

    Any formula to do this?

  2. #2
    Toronto, Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2003/2007
    This works ok i think. i checked few examples. sometimes the decimal is .99999... (Like 10:00 and 11:25) so you might have to work around that.

    =(MIN((A2-A1),2))*1440 & " min(s)"

    hope this works. gott run.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Time Span

    =(A2-A1)*24*60&" mins"

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Time Span

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:07:09 -0700, "mrbalaje"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In cell A1 I have entered the time as 11:00 am and in cell A2 I have entered
    >the time as 11:25 am.
    >
    >In Cell A3, I want the time span between the cell A2 and A1.
    >
    >i.e., A2-A1= 25 mins
    >
    >I want even the text "mins" to be appered in the cell A3.
    >
    >Any formula to do this?

    Assuming your numbers are Excel times (and not text strings):

    A3: =A2-A1

    Format the cell as (Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: )
    [m] "mins"

    --ron

  5. #5
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Time Span

    If it was formated as date/time
    in A3 enter
    =(A2-A1)*24*60 & " mins"

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Time Span

    If you have both times within the same day......

    =(A2-A1)*1440&" mins"

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  7. #7
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Time Span

    Try entering

    =(a2-a1)*60*24

    and formatting the cell to Custom and fill in the following in the field
    0 "mins"