Deleting rows with locked cells

  1. #1
    Paul Moore
    Guest

    Deleting rows with locked cells

    Hello,

    I'm trying to find a way to overcome a "feature" I've dicovered with Excel
    protection. If protection is enabled, with the "delete row" checkbox active,
    the row cannot be deleted if there are locked cells in the row.

    Is there a way to defeat this "feature"?

    Cheers,
    Paul excel beginner

    --
    paul<dot>moore@pandora<dot>be
    Adjust "dots" for real address

  2. #2

    Re: Deleting rows with locked cells

    Unlock those cells to start
    or
    unprotect the worksheet, do the deletion and then reprotect the worksheet?

  3. #3
    Paul Moore
    Guest

    Re: Deleting rows with locked cells

    Dave, I don't want to unlock those cells, they contain formulas that I'm
    afraid I might accidentally delete. It would be nice if I (or my users)
    didn't have to unprotect the sheet each time.

    Is there any other solution?

    Regards,
    Paul

    --
    paul<dot>moore@pandora<dot>be
    Adjust "dots" for real address
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Deleting rows with locked cells

    Give the users a macro that would:
    unprotect the worksheet
    sort your data
    reprotect the worksheet.

    Record one when you do it the first time. If you have trouble making it work,
    post back what you've got.

    You could even plop a button from the forms toolbar onto that worksheet. Assign
    your sort macro to it and the users might even be happier since they have less
    work to do!