How to save excel data into text file with space delimited

  1. #1

    How to save excel data into text file with space delimited

    Hi, I am a newbee of excel. I do have a question about how to save data in excel file into text file with space delimited( the default one is tab)? And I also want to know how to just select some column to export( the default one is export all the column).... Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Re: How to save excel data into text file with space delimited

    Choose "Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn)"
    for question #1.

    For question #2, I just copy that column (or range) to notepad and save from
    there.

    But you could copy to a worksheet in a new workbook and do another SaveAs (.prn)
    file.

  3. #3
    To Dave Peterson:
    Thanks for your information, but if the columns are generated by the function related with other columns, how do I convert them into regular number can be used in other application? Thanks once more.

  4. #4

    Re: How to save excel data into text file with space delimited

    You can Edit|copy the range.
    Then Edit|Paste special|Values
    to that new worksheet.

    Then save from there.

    Or just copying and pasting into NotePad (and saving from there) should work.

    Did it fail when you tried it?