Copy an Drag cell Formula Problem

  1. #1
    Nat
    Guest

    Copy an Drag cell Formula Problem

    I am suddenly experiencing a problem when I try to copy and drag a formula
    across a number of cells. For example, I have two different data series in
    columns A and B and I want the product of the two in column C. Thus, in cell
    C1 I put =A1*B1. I then highlight C1 and drag the formula down the C
    column. My expected result would be =A2*B2 in C2, =A3*B3 in C3, etc.
    But what is happening is that the results for A1*B1 is appearing in every
    cell of column C. However, when I highlight C4, for example, the formula
    appears as =A4*B4 but the product is the same as that found in C1 (=A1*B1).

    I have reinstalled MSOffice and rebooted, but the problem persists. I have
    tested to see whether other Excel files encounter the same problem they do.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have MSOffice 2003. Thank
    you.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Copy an Drag cell Formula Problem

    Tools/Options/Calculation, select Automatic.