Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Calculate message

  1. #1
    Kelly
    Guest

    Calculate message

    Hello -

    I'm working in Excel and have calculation set to automatic and there are no
    circular references in my spreadsheet. Yet it says "Calculate" on the
    message bar. I can hit F9 til doomsday but the message doesn't goes away.
    If I make a change in the spreadsheet, though, I still do need to hit F9
    multiple times for the changes to be effective. So, my questions are: a) why
    do I need to hit F9 if I'm set to auto calc and b) why won't the calculate
    message go away after I F9 or alternatively, "calc spreadsheet". HELP?!?!
    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Calculate message

    Kelly, have a look at these sites

    http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm

    Also:

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kelly
    Guest

    Re: Calculate message

    thanks soooooooooooo much! no more hair pulling for me

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Calculate message

    Your Welcome
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > thanks soooooooooooo much! no more hair pulling for me
    >
    > "Paul B" wrote:
    >
    >> Kelly, have a look at these sites
    >>
    >> http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm
    >>

    >> Also:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495
    >>
    >> --
    >> Paul B
    >> Always backup your data before trying something new
    >> Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it
    >> Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
    >> Using Excel 2002 & 2003
    >>

    >> "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Hello -
    >> >
    >> > I'm working in Excel and have calculation set to automatic and there
    >> > are
    >> > no
    >> > circular references in my spreadsheet. Yet it says "Calculate" on the
    >> > message bar. I can hit F9 til doomsday but the message doesn't goes
    >> > away.
    >> > If I make a change in the spreadsheet, though, I still do need to hit
    >> > F9
    >> > multiple times for the changes to be effective. So, my questions are:
    >> > a)
    >> > why
    >> > do I need to hit F9 if I'm set to auto calc and b) why won't the
    >> > calculate
    >> > message go away after I F9 or alternatively, "calc spreadsheet".
    >> > HELP?!?!
    >> > Thank you!

Closed Thread