Pivot Table - show items with no data

  1. #1
    HJM
    Guest

    Pivot Table - show items with no data

    I'm creating a pivot table and only want to show items with data. When I
    leave the "show items with no data" unchecked, it still shows all data. The
    help pages indicate that some types of source data does support this option.
    Which types would they be?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table - show items with no data

    That option isn't available if the source is an OLAP cube.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    HJM
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table - show items with no data

    Hi Debra,
    I am creating the pivot table from an Excel spreadsheet. Do I need to set
    some other option?

    thanks,
    Helen

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table - show items with no data

    If your pivot table includes a calculated item, it may show all the
    items for some fields, even if "Show items with no data" is unchecked.