Printing in reverse order

  1. #1
    Bryan
    Guest

    Printing in reverse order

    When I try to print from excel and want the apges to print in reverse order
    (i.e first page of document printed last) even if I select this feature from
    the print setup exel still prints the first page first!! Is there a fix
    available??

    I use Office XP (2002) and HP printers

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Printing options available in Excel are limited by the available connected printer(s). Any issues with printing are generally associated to the printer and drivers installed, not with Excel itself.

    Verify your printer actually supports reverse printing and that you have the latest drivers installed for your printer.

    Good Luck.

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Bryan
    Guest

    Re: Printing in reverse order

    Well, I personally have a HP 960c which supports reverse printing and my
    customer has a HP 3650 printer and this feature works perfectly with Word
    2003 but not in Excel 2003 which I why I think it is a coding issue!

  4. #4
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Bryan: I didn't mean to intimate your printer was not capable of this function. I merely stated that in most cases, printing issues within Excel can USUALLY be traced to a printer setup (or capabilty) or printer driver cause. (I responded to one post that wondered why Excel was printing only in black and white... ended up that they had a b/w only printer set as default!).

    BTW, I have an HP 1120C that also prints back to front, which functions just fine with Excel 2003 in that manner.

    Is it possible that there is some configuration setting that needs to be adjusted via the Excel Print dialog box (e.g. 'Properties' on the selected printer)? Just a thought.

    Sorry I couldn't be of more help. At least you know that Excel is capable of reverse printing and it is not a coding issue.

    Good Luck.

    Bruce