"Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

  1. #1
    Lynde
    Guest

    "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail
    Recipient". For some reason, my icon does not appear. When I select Tools >
    Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon
    as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar
    disappears. When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do
    not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck). Anyone
    know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the
    toolbar?

    Also, if I go under File > Send To, I see Mail Recipient (for Review) and
    Mail Recipient (as attachment), but I do not see just Mail Recipient.

    Any ideas you have would be helpful.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    Hi Lynde

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
    I think your problem is number 2

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Lynde
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    Hi Ron,

    First off I apologize for not stating which version of Excel and Windows I'm
    using. We have Excel 2003 (Microsoft Office 2003) and we run Windows 2000
    Professional. With that clarified, I'm not having a problem with Routing
    Recipients, but rather, I don't have a Mail Recipient option. I'd like to
    email a spreadsheet, but not as an attachment. When I tried to add the Mail
    Recipient icon to the toolbar, it disappears as soon as I close out of the
    Customize window. This afternoon, I checked Word 2003 and I do have the icon
    on the toolbar, but it is grayed out in that program. Any ideas?

    Lynde

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    Hi Lynde

    Try number 2 (the win.ini problem) the text in the KB is not good
    Post back with the result please

  5. #5
    Lynde
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    Per the instructions from the link on the page you provided, I checked the
    win.ini file. It already has MAPIX=1 under the [Mail] section.

    Lynde

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    Hi Lynde

    Try to rename your .xlb file

    maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
    *normal* size is < 30 kb.
    The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

    Close Excel
    Do a search for .xlb in windows
    Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
    Start Excel

    Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
    Excel will create a new one for you.
    (You lost your customization remember that)

    If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
    This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

  7. #7
    Lynde
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    The file size of my .xlb (Excel11.xlb in 2003) was 484 kb. I renamed it,
    opened Excel again and now the new file Excel created is only 11 kb. Big
    difference. The E-mail icon is back.

    Thanks for the help Ron. Much appreciated.

    Lynde

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: "Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

    Hi Lynde

    Thanks for the feedback