Autofilter not appearing correctly? help!

  1. #1

    Autofilter not appearing correctly? help!

    Hey all.

    I copied a large spreadsheet into a new worksbook and hence new sheet. This sheet was then customised for the user ..I got rid of un-necessary rows within the this new customised spreadsheet that user would not require.

    The autofilter in the original large spreadsheet shows many different options when the drop down button is clicked...
    whilst the sheet that ive created which was mostly copied does show the autofilter but shows no additional options..it only shows the options: "All", "Top 10" and "Custom".

    Why is this?

    Am i making any sense?!?!?!

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter not appearing correctly? help!

    London,

    You can set up a new Autofilter. Click in the heading row, Data - Filter -
    and click Autofilter, which should currently have a check mark. That will
    turn off the Autofilter. Then do that again to set up a new one. If your
    data isn't contiguous (blank rows or columns in it), you may have to
    manually select the entire table (including header row).

    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com/

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter not appearing correctly? help!

    You many have a blank row between the headings and the data. If you
    delete it, the drop down lists should show items from the column.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List