"Links cannot be updated" error

  1. #1

    "Links cannot be updated" error

    My workbook "Main.xls" has links to another workbook. When I open
    Main.xls I get an error window:
    This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated.
    ~To change the source of links, or attempt to update values again,
    click Edit Links.
    ~To open the workbook as is, click Continue.
    .... with Continue and Edit Links buttons in the window.

    Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: "Links cannot be updated" error

    If you want to remove the links, there's several methods:
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: "Links cannot be updated" error

    I need to maintain the links to support dynamic changes, and my problem
    persists. Is there a workaround / fix for this? Thanks!

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: "Links cannot be updated" error

    I'm sorry. I can only imagine that you must rebuild the links.