Formula needed

  1. #1
    curly101
    Guest

    Formula needed

    I have a spreadsheet that I need to add numeric information from one cell,
    into another cell on the same row, that has a text string.

    For example, I need the numbers: 64001005 from cell A1 to be added in cell
    c1 along with the text: productimages/ (with the forward slash)
    Then I need to add a file extension (.jpg) after the numbers from cell A1.

    So, C1 needs to = A1 + productimages/(cell a1+.jpg)
    Final C1 looks like: productimages/64001005.jpg

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Formula needed

    In A1 put 64001005
    In B1 put productimages/
    In C1 put =B1&A1&".jpg"

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    curly101
    Guest

    RE: Formula needed

    Thanks for viewing my need, but I figured it out. I used the =CONCATENATE
    formula. Saved me tons of time.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Formula needed

    Thats great!.........many times, "expressing your need", identifies the
    direction of the solution..........
    Glad you figured it out yourself........