Can you Find and Replace values with in a formula?

  1. #1
    rascall
    Guest

    Can you Find and Replace values with in a formula?

    Is it possible to search and replace values within a formula? I realize it
    is easy to due to a value in a cell, but I am unable to perform this with the
    formulas with in the cells.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Can you Find and Replace values with in a formula?

    Edit > Replace..........works fine for me on regular text or formulas in
    XL2k...........what version Excel are you having trouble with?

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Can you Find and Replace values with in a formula?

    rascall,

    There's a suggestion about using numbers in formulas. Read "Numbers in a
    formula" in http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm. Worth a read.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com/