Copying font and pattern dynamically

  1. #1
    RTP
    Guest

    Copying font and pattern dynamically

    We maintain a Proposal Master in Excel. What our sales guys will typically do
    is go down and pick and choose what software, hardware, interface, and other
    components that they'd like to propose to a potential customer by putting a
    "Y" in a certain column.

    We then copy these "Y" rows to another worksheet by simply providing a formula
    =IF(Proposal!$B15="Y",Proposal!$C15,"") where we are copying ALL the
    elements over where there is a "Y". We then have a macro that will squeeze
    everything together.

    We'd also like to copy the Proposal Sub-Section Headings, Software,
    Interfaces, Hardware, for example in the same manner but want to copy the
    EXACT cell contents which would include the font and pattern of the
    sub-heading cell. Currently these get hard-coded into our deliverable
    proposal because we do not know how to copy them over exactly with their font
    and pattern. So our sales guys then have to go back and manually delete them
    out.

    Can anyone out there suggest a way that we can write a formula or do
    something that would enable us to copy over the Sub-Headings with their
    proper formatting, font and pattern??

    This forum is awesome and has never let me down. Thanks for your help.

  2. #2

    Re: Copying font and pattern dynamically

    Since you have a macro that cleans up the blanks, how about just use a macro
    from the beginning.

    I'd record a macro when I applied data|filter|autofilter, then filter to show
    the y's.

    Then copy those rows to the other sheet.

    (then clean up those y's????)