How do I only calculate cells which have a filled color format?

  1. #1
    Phillip Bruce
    Guest

    How do I only calculate cells which have a filled color format?

    I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2003. I am looking for a way to format a
    cell based upon another cell's format. For instance, if cell A2 has been
    filled with a color, then cell F2 should be filled with the same color. I
    looked under conditional formats and the only "conditions" are for a cell
    having a "value" or "formula." There is nothing about whether the cell
    contains a certain "format." Also, one I have all the cells identified as
    being filled, I need to be able to sum all the "colored" cells that are found
    in a specific range.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I only calculate cells which have a filled color format?

    Some help at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...