Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

  1. #1
    Carl W.
    Guest

    Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

    I am creating a table where several of the cells contain 200 or more words
    each. When I adjust the row height to accommodate the amount of text, I am
    unable to see all of the text. I have to adjust the column width and make it
    fairly large to view all of the text. Is there some setting that I am
    missing? Or some character row limit per cell?

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

  2. #2
    Mad Dog
    Guest

    RE: Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

    Select your cells/rows of choice, then hit Format, Cells, and the Alignment
    tab. There, you should have the Wrap Text box checked. Close out of that,
    then go back and with your selection still highlighted, double click any of
    the row/column borders. All of the cells should automatically wrap itself
    neatly around the text. If at this point you don't like the column width,
    then make your adjustments and reselect the group, and double click one of
    the borders again.

  3. #3
    Carl W.
    Guest

    RE: Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

    The "Wrap Text" box was already checked. Double clicking on the border of
    the border of the cell doesn't do anything. I am still not sure what is
    going on.

    I am using Excel 2000.

  4. #4

    Re: Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

    Try adding some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell.

    You'll be able to see lots more characters.

  5. #5
    Carl W.
    Guest

    Re: Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

    The last three or four lines are not wrapping as they should. When I add
    alt-enter it will show each of the last lines (thanks), but is there a way to
    have these lines displayed without using a hard enter.

  6. #6

    Re: Fit large amount of text in 1 cell

    Not that I know.