How do I save a filtered subset of a worksheet?

  1. #1
    quixoposto
    Guest

    How do I save a filtered subset of a worksheet?

    I want to hide columns and filter my worksheet, then save only the visible
    cells. Is there a way to save a subset of a worksheet in this way

  2. #2

    Re: How do I save a filtered subset of a worksheet?

    Create a new workbook.
    Back to the original worksheet
    Select all the cells (ctrl-a, twice in xl2003)
    Edit|Goto special|Visible
    Edit|Copy

    back to the worksheet in the new workbook.
    Edit|paste special|Values
    edit|paste special|Formats

    Save the new workbook.

    If you need a macro, you can record one when you do it once manually.

  3. #3
    quixoposto
    Guest

    Re: How do I save a filtered subset of a worksheet?

    Thanks, that did the trick
    Julia