hyperlink greyed out on shortcut menu in Excel

  1. #1
    Tim Stephens
    Guest

    hyperlink greyed out on shortcut menu in Excel

    Hi for some reason on the right click shortcut menu Hyperlink is greyed out,
    so I can't create a e-mail hyperlink has anyone come across this problem and
    know why?

    Many thanks,
    Tim

  2. #2

    Re: hyperlink greyed out on shortcut menu in Excel

    Is the worksheet protected?

    Look under Tools|Protection. If you see "Unprotect sheet", you can unprotect it
    (you may need a password, though.)

    Is the workbook shared?

    Look for [Shared] in the title bar. There are lots of things that can't be done
    to shared workbooks.