How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format

    I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where
    those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one).

    I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than
    each cell individually) would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Paul

  2. #2
    tina
    Guest

    RE: How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format

    Hi Paul
    What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then
    copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste
    you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier
    I find this easiest way
    Hope this helps
    Tina