If I change page margins headers don't line up???

  1. #1
    CGINUSA
    Guest

    If I change page margins headers don't line up???

    I'm not a beginner, but I can't get headers and footers to print in line with
    the page margins - the spreadsheet text is not in line with the header or
    footer. It seems that when I change the page margins to accommodate my
    spreadsheet the header and footer positions don't chane to follow suit. This
    happens either using page setup ot the margin tab on print preview. I move
    the margins out - and the position of the left and right header/footer just
    stays put.
    This is driving me crazy! Please help.
    Thanks
    CG

  2. #2

    Re: If I change page margins headers don't line up???

    You can fiddle with the margins of the headers by adding leading and trailing
    characters. It gives the effect that you increased the margins, but may take
    some experimenting to make it look right.

    You can add leading spaces to the left hand footer but you have to do a bit more
    for the right hand side.

    Add a bunch of spaces to the far right. And then add alt-0160 (non-breaking
    space in HTML) as the final
    character of each line.

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: If I change page margins headers don't line up???

    And if "move the margins out" means that you made them smaller than
    ..75", there's no way to force the footers margins to the smaller size.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List