Pivot Table Questions

  1. #1
    Frederick Chow
    Guest

    Pivot Table Questions

    Hi all,

    1. How can I modify the label of the subtotals or grand totals of a pivot
    table, i.e. "XXX Grand Total" with some other texts?

    2. When I group a date field by some categories, like by month, Excel will
    give each group with pre-defined labels ("January", "February", etc). Is it
    possible to modify these labels?

    3. When I place more than one fields into the data field area, a grey label
    called "Data" will appear. How can I modify the name of this label, or even
    hide or delete it?

    Thanks a lot.

    Frederick Chow
    Hong Kong.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Questions

    You should be able to type new values into those cells in the pivot
    table. What happened when you tried to change them?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List