Workbook Protectionand stiil use Comment function

  1. #1
    olympiad
    Guest

    Workbook Protectionand stiil use Comment function

    I have a shared workbook that requires some fields to be used for data entry
    and some fields for comments ( using the Xl comment function), however, when
    I protect the workbook the overall comment function is also looked (still
    allows viewing a previous comment). Is it possible to overcome this scenarion
    so that one doesn't have to Unprotect the book or sheet everytime a comment
    needs to be inserted or edited.

    Many thanks

    Olympiad

  2. #2
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: Workbook Protectionand stiil use Comment function

    In Excel 2003 you can edit comments in protected sheet, if you check the
    option for Edit Objects in the Protect Sheet dialog.
    --
    tj

  3. #3

    Re: Workbook Protectionand stiil use Comment function

    And in versions before xl2002 (xl2002 has the same dialog as xl2003), there's a
    checkbox that can be checked when the worksheet is protected.